- 1 What is the main book of Taoism?
- 2 What are the 2 important books of Taoism?
- 3 What should I read for Taoism?
- 4 Which Tao Te Ching is best?
- 5 Does Taoism have a God?
- 6 What are the 4 principles of Taoism?
- 7 Is Taoism and Daoism the same?
- 8 How do I become a Taoist?
- 9 What does Tao mean?
- 10 Should I read Tao Te Ching?
- 11 Is the Tao Te Ching easy to read?
- 12 What does Tao Te Ching mean in English?
What is the main book of Taoism?
The key book of Taoism was compiled around the 3rd century BCE. It’s called the Tao Te Ching (Dao De Jing or Daode Jing) – The Way and Its Power, and is also known as the Lao-tzu.
What are the 2 important books of Taoism?
Best Sellers in Taoism
- #1. Tao Te Ching.
- # 2. Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Living…
- #3. Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life: Living…
- #4. Lao Tzu: Tao Te Ching: A Book about the Way…
- #5. The Inner Smile: Increasing Chi Through the…
- #6. Tao Te Ching: A New English Version (Perennial…
What should I read for Taoism?
- Opening The Dragon Gate, by Chen Kaiguo & Zheng Shunchao.
- The Book Of The Heart: Embracing The Tao, by Loy Ching-Yuen.
- Taoist Yoga & Sexual Energy, by Eric Yudelove.
- The Taoist Body, by Kristofer Schipper.
- Awakening To The Tao, by Liu I-Ming (translated by Thomas Cleary)
Which Tao Te Ching is best?
D.C. Lau is the best scholarly version I’ve found. Very well researched and goes into great detail regarding the origins and different interpretations. Jane English and Gia Fu-Feng captures the spirit of the Tao. The language is poetic, but not flowery.
Does Taoism have a God?
Taoist pantheon Taoism does not have a God in the way that the Abrahamic religions do. There is no omnipotent being beyond the cosmos, who created and controls the universe. In Taoism the universe springs from the Tao, and the Tao impersonally guides things on their way.
What are the 4 principles of Taoism?
Four main principles of Daoism guide the relationship between humanity and nature:
- Follow the Earth. The Dao De Jing says: ‘Humanity follows the Earth, the Earth follows Heaven, Heaven follows the Dao, and the Dao follows what is natural.
- Harmony with nature.
- Too much success.
- Affluence in bio-diversity.
Is Taoism and Daoism the same?
Taoism (also spelled Daoism ) is a religion and a philosophy from ancient China that has influenced folk and national belief.
How do I become a Taoist?
But unlike most religions, modern philosophical Taoism does not require any specific form of belief or initiation. Becoming a Taoist can be as simple as reading Taoist texts to become familiar with Taoist beliefs. Certain practices – like attending temple, observing feng shui, and meditating – are considered Taoist.
What does Tao mean?
Tao or Dao ( Chinese) is a Chinese word signifying the “way”, “path”, “route”, “road” or sometimes more loosely “doctrine”, “principle” or “holistic beliefs”.
Should I read Tao Te Ching?
Absolutely yes! The Tao te Ching is well worth the read. It is probably the best book of wisdom I have ever read, bar none.
Is the Tao Te Ching easy to read?
It is REALLY hard to understand. It was written in medieval Chinese over 2,000 years ago by people who lived in a feudal society, and it describes concepts that cannot be described. “the tao that can be told is not the true tao.”
What does Tao Te Ching mean in English?
Tao Te Ching translates very roughly as “the way of integrity”. In its 81 verses it delivers a treatise on how to live in the world with goodness and integrity: an important kind of wisdom in a world where many people believe such a thing to be impossible.